As recent events have shown, unauthorised entities accessing sensitive data can affect any business and erode customer trust and confidence. With technology transformation gathering speed, there’s never been a more important time for your organisation to review its privacy and data protection framework.
Incorporating some high profile cases, here’s an outline of the key issues you need to consider to ensure your organisation’s privacy and data protection activity is compliant and modelling best practice.
What you will learn
- The background to Australia’s privacy and data protection regime
- If and when privacy and data protection laws apply to your organisation
- What is “personal information” and explain how information “about” an individual is differentiated from information “not about” an individual
- Privacy and data protection laws in place in Australia and how they are enforced
- Why data breaches occur and how they must be reported; and recommend ways they can be risk managed
- How your organisation should go about developing and maintaining a sound privacy and data protection framework; and assess the risks of not having such a framework.
Recognition of Prior Learning
You will be awarded a Certificate of Completion. It will be available online for you to download and print immediately.