About our course
Regulation of Australian Financial Services has been specifically designed for those who are being nominated to take on the role of a Responsible Manager for an Australian Financial Services licensee and who:
- Need a refresher on Australian financial services regulation, having returned to Australia from working overseas in recent years
- Have been deemed not to have sufficient prior knowledge of the regulation of financial services in Australia
- Have been instructed by a legal adviser, compliance consultant, or ASIC to undertake a course that contains the knowledge this subject includes.
It comprises the supervised, closed book examination and appendix of content covered that ASIC requires for responsible manager nomination purposes. Include the content outline for ASIC to witness along with other supporting documents in your licence application.
This online course is practical, containing real-world examples and scenarios, checklists, and reflective exercises.
For ASIC’s guidance on nominating a responsible manager, refer to RG 105 Licensing: Organisational competence.
- Financial services regulation and licensing
- Roles and responsibilities of a responsible manager
- Application of cross-industry laws in financial services
- A supervised, closed book knowledge examination covering all topics
- Discuss the approach to financial services licensing in Australia
- Summarise regulations governing the financial services industry
- Outline what the attributes and roles of a responsible manager are
- Explain the ongoing obligations of AFS licensees and responsible managers
- Analyse the extent to which a responsible manager can be held accountable for the actions of a licensee
- Devise and implement approaches and techniques that responsible managers can adopt to more effectively fulfil their role.
Recognition of Prior Learning
On successful completion, candidates will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment confirming they have successfully demonstrated knowledge of Regulation of Australian Financial Services.
We also provide a supplementary course outline which details the content covered in the topics. This can be form part of the supporting material supplied to ASIC with:
- a new AFS licence application;
- an application to vary an existing licence.