Our Regulation of Australian Financial Services Course is designed for those who are planning to take on the role of a responsible manager for an Australian Financial Services (AFSL) licensee and/or needs a refresher of Australian regulations.
If your nominated Responsible Manager has been working outside Australia in recent years, ASIC may seek specific demonstration of knowledge of the regulation of Australian financial services.
Comply with ASICs regulatory guide 105 Licensing: Organisational competence.
This online course is practical, and contains scenarios, checklists and exercises.
- Topic 1: Part A: Overview of financial services industry and regulation
- Topic 1: Part B: Relevant legal principles and compliance
- Topic 2: Responsible Managers – key requirements and responsibilities
- Discuss the approach to financial services licensing in Australia
- Summarise regulations governing the financial services industry
- Outline what the role of a responsible manager is
- Explain the ongoing obligations of a responsible manager
- Analyse the extent to which a responsible manager can be held accountable for the actions of a licensee
- Devise and implement approaches and techniques that responsible managers can adopt to more effectively fulfil their role.
Recognition of Prior Learning
On successful completion, candidates will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment confirming they have successfully demonstrated knowledge of Regulation of Australian Financial Services.
We also provide a supplementary course outline which details the content covered in the topics. This can be form part of the supporting material supplied to ASIC with:
- a new AFS licence application;
- an application to vary an existing licence.