Annuities are a useful method for managing longevity risk in retirement but lack the flexibility and investment returns achieved with alternates, such as account-based pensions. Annuities have consequently been of limited interest to many investors, and they are currently offered by only two providers in Australia. That said, proposed changes to superannuation obligating funds to offer annuities may lead to an increase in the take-up rate for retirees.
In this course you will learn to:
- Define what annuities are
- Discuss the key features, benefits and risks of annuities
- Explain the taxation and social security treatment of annuities
- Analyse strategies for longevity management
- Compare annuities to alternative sources of post-retirement income.
Our learning management system provides you and your organisation all the usual features you’ve come to expect – an intuitive interface, reliable access to content, and insightful reporting.
Each CPD course has specific learning outcomes, reflections and extra resources and activities, and is assessed via a short online multiple choice quiz. You have 8 weeks to complete the course.