Comprehensive course to understand the AML/CTF Act in Australia
Comply with obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (AML/CTF Act) or the Financial Transaction Reports Act 1988 (FTR Act).
Our online AML/CTF Course provides comprehensive coverage of AUSTRAC, ML/TF risk management, customer due diligence, reporting and record keeping requirements under the AML/CTF Act or the FTR Act.
AML law seeks to provide an effective legal framework designed to counter money laundering (ML) and terrorism financing (TF), and so contribute to a safer and more secure Australia. AUSTRAC’s vision is a financial system free from criminal abuse. Its purpose is to build resilience in the financial system and use financial intelligence and regulation to disrupt money laundering, terrorism financing, and other serious crime.
Be the AML Champion in your organisation.
What you will learn
- The current AML/CTF Act and regulations applicable in Australia
- AUSTRAC’s regulatory guidance & enforcement and how it exercises its initiatives and powers
- How to identify vulnerabilities and their impacts on sectors regulated by AUSTRAC
- Effective ways to conduct a risk assessment and develop a compliant AML/CTF program
- What ‘know you client’ – customer due diligence procedures your organisation needs to comply with
- How to implement AML/CTF reporting obligations within your organisation.
Be across the vulnerabilities and threats to your sector
Regulated sectors include:
- Banking and other financial institutions
- Bookmakers and betting agencies
- Bullion dealers
- Casinos, pubs and clubs
- Digital currency (cryptocurrency) exchange providers and money transfer businesses
- Financial services providers, including financial advice, insurance and superannuation funds
- Motor vehicle dealers
- Non-profit organisations, including member associations
Who is this program for?
- Risk and compliance leaders that have oversight of AML/CTF obligations
- Specialist AML or Financial Crime teams
- AML/CTF advisers
- Compliance consultants and auditors and
- Professional services firms.
There are five topics, each assessed with a short multiple-choice question exam with a pass mark of 80%.
You have 8 weeks from your enrolment date in which to complete this program.
On successful completion, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment confirming that they have successfully completed The AML/CTF Program.