Investing is arguably one of the most emotional pursuits that a person can engage in.
In this topic we take a high level look at investment performance and some of the key issues around measuring investment and manager performance, techniques such as attribution analysis, and the importance of taking into account the impact of fees and charges on an investment’s return. It gives you some key issues to take into account when investing and reviewing performance. We also look at property valuation and what investors should look out for when investing in Australian Real Estate Investment Trusts (A-REITS).
In this course you will learn to:
- Outline the key issues involved in the analysis of investment performance
- Discuss the principles behind attribution analysis
- Describe how to evaluate the different fees and charges that are applied to specific managed investments
- Evaluate various approaches to analysis that can be adopted by an investment manager
- Examine specific issues that arise in the analysis of property trusts
- Demonstrate key property valuation techniques.
Our learning management system provides you and your organisation all the usual features you’ve come to expect – an intuitive interface, reliable access to content, and insightful reporting.
Each CPD course has specific learning outcomes, reflections and extra resources and activities, and is assessed via a short online multiple choice quiz. You have 8 weeks to complete the course.