With the spectre of consumer and regulator fallout from the Royal Commission looming, it’s more important than ever to stay informed about key aspects of ASIC’s current and ongoing focuses.
After revisiting ASIC’s role and powers, we overview ASIC’s enforcement priorities and some important cases. Discover ASIC’s approach to and regulatory guidance on various financial services activities, and ensure your and your organisation’s compliance standards are future-ready.
- Describe ASIC’s powers under the Corporations Act and the ASIC Act
- Outline what ASIC’s key strategic priorities are as the regulator of financial services in Australia
- Explain what powers are available to ASIC in order for it to satisfy its regulatory functions
- Discuss how ASIC has recently exercised its powers with regard to licensees that have acted contrary to their licence and other regulatory obligations
- Examine what ongoing and emerging issues are currently of particular interest to ASIC, including why they are relevant to ASIC’s activities, and how developments and policy outcomes are likely to impact licensees.
You can choose to study this modulein our annual cpdevolve subscription.