Given that humans have long seen wisdom and value in exchanging items they have for something else they need or want, through transacting with another person, foreign exchange and payments systems have contributed richly to how we facilitate our everyday lives.
Explore how evolving infrastructure and consumer behaviour are influencing product and service development in foreign exchange markets and payments systems.
- Outline what a payments system is and identify the most popular methods of payment in Australia
- Discuss what megatrends are driving and facilitating development of new payments and FX-related products and services
- Evaluate how foreign exchange and payment systems rails are currently evolving
- Describe the features of decentralised or non-traditional payment systems
- Analyse key emerging infrastructure, products and services and how they may impact foreign exchange and payments providers
- Identify the opportunities and challenges for FX and payments providers.
Looking for a CPD solution? This course also forms part of our complete online CPD solution, , which enables financial participants and organisations to meet either ASICs RG 146 ongoing training or FASEA CPD requirements .