Explore how ethical dilemmas arise and the principles and tools you can use to develop your ethical decision making.
Practical ethical training for financial workplaces
Understand the linkages between Australian financial services legislation, regulatory guides, industry codes, organisational policies and company values and how they aim to influence conduct in the workplace
Our Business Ethics and Conduct comprises three (3) core topics plus three (3) case studies plus (1) journal of industry readings. The core topics provide foundation knowledge on ethical frameworks and ethical decision making.
The case studies are examples of real-life ethical dilemmas faced by financial workplaces, and provide an opportunity to identify, analyse, reflect on and, ultimately, mitigate conduct risk from occurring in your own organisation.
Choose from our library of ethical dilemmas or customise case studies for your team.
The journal of industry readings provides an opportunity to reflect on a variety of industry readings and to discuss different perspectives, reinforce or challenge current thinking, modify attitudes and conduct, or prompt reviews of workplace policies.
You will learn to:
- Describe ethical standards, principles and the legal framework
- Discuss and analyse drivers of ethical behaviour, including culture, rewards, punishments and law
- Evaluate why ethics and an ethical approach are crucial in financial services
- Outline ethical decision-making processes and frameworks that can be applied at workplace
- Identify organisational policies and procedures for managing ethical issues
- Summarise common breaches of ethical standards in financial services, including the attitudes, behaviours and activities that give rise to them
Feel more confident to model ethical behaviour in the workplace
You will be awarded a Statement of Attainment confirming that you have successfully completed FNSSS00013 Business Ethics and Conduct Skill Set.
This skill set comprises the following units of competency:
- FNSINC503 Identify situations requiring complex ethical decision making
- FNSINC504 Apply ethical frameworks and principles to make and act upon decisions
This Micro-credential – or Skill Set – and its associated units of competency are components of Nationally Recognised Training and can be used as credit towards a qualification.
Be inspired to slow down decision-making in the workplace and reflect
Download our brochure