In this course you will learn to:
- Explain some of the primary uses of derivatives and the ways in which they allow users to vary their specific exposure to different wanted and unwanted risks
- Identify the key factors that influence the value of options as well as the ways in which they are measured and described in financial markets
- Outline some of the methods of pricing options that are specific to the foreign exchange market
- Discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages of using options compared to other derivatives
- Describe why forward pricing methodology is key for understanding the impact of interest rates on the foreign exchange market
- Evaluate some of the different types of swaps that are available for risk management and how they differ in terms of principal and interest payments over their term
- Analyse why swaps form a major part of the global financial market and why they can be influenced by turbulence in other major markets.
Looking for a RG146 CPD solution? This course also forms part of our complete online CPD solution, , which enables financial participants and organisations to meet ASICs RG 146 ongoing training requirements.