Public and private investment in property has been a major feature of the Australian investment landscape over the past three decades. The inception of the Real Estate Investment Trust model was a critical mechanism for opening up property investment opportunities to retail investors in Australia, the US and Europe, and also increasingly in developing countries.
Property investment can now be accessed in myriad ways, ranging from equity and debt structures, and via both public and private offerings. The scale of assets now spans billion dollar building complexes to single residential dwellings.
- Outline the position of property as a managed investment asset class
- Differentiate listed and unlisted property, including their structure and key characteristics
- Discuss the primary factors related to investing in property
- Evaluate the structures, portfolio construction considerations, benefits and risks of investing in listed property
- Appraise the structures, portfolio construction considerations, benefits and risks of investing in unlisted property
- Analyse current trends and forecasts for the property investment landscape.
Our learning management system provides you and your organisation all the usual features you’ve come to expect – an intuitive interface, reliable access to content, and insightful reporting.
Each CPD course has specific learning outcomes, reflections and extra resources and activities, and is assessed via a short online multiple choice quiz. You have 8 weeks to complete the course.