Public and private investment in property has been a major feature of the Australian investment landscape over the past three decades. The inception of the Real Estate Investment Trust model was a critical mechanism for opening up property investment opportunities to retail investors in Australia, the US and Europe, and also increasingly in developing countries.
Property investment can now be accessed in myriad ways, ranging from equity and debt structures, and via both public and private offerings. The scale of assets now spans billion dollar building complexes to single residential dwellings.
- Outline the position of property as a managed investment asset class
- Differentiate listed and unlisted property, including their structure and key characteristics
- Discuss the primary factors related to investing in property
- Evaluate the structures, portfolio construction considerations, benefits and risks of investing in listed property
- Appraise the structures, portfolio construction considerations, benefits and risks of investing in unlisted property
- Analyse current trends and forecasts for the property investment landscape.
Looking for a RG146 CPD solution? This course also forms part of our complete online CPD solution, , which enables financial participants and organisations to meet ASICs RG 146 ongoing training requirements.