Managed investment is the broad service of professionally investing money, while investment management is an integrated set of steps undertaken in a consistent manner to create and maintain an appropriate portfolio (combination of assets) to meet clients’ stated goals.
With these definitions in mind, this topic will consider the role of each investment management element, and outline how, where and what value it brings to managed investment services. We also examine the emerging trends, asset types and ideas that are prompting re-shaping of conventional approaches in the industry.
In this course you will learn to:
- Outline the roles of main players in the investment management space
- Identify the typical stages of the investment management process
- Analyse the various approaches and techniques used to construct, maintain, performance measure and review a managed investment portfolio
- Discuss the key principles underpinning the concept of diversification
- Describe the primary asset classes and investment structures adopted by investment management professionals
- Evaluate the opportunities and challenges posed by emerging trends in investment management.
Our learning management system provides you and your organisation all the usual features you’ve come to expect – an intuitive interface, reliable access to content, and insightful reporting.
Each CPD course has specific learning outcomes, reflections and extra resources and activities, and is assessed via a short online multiple choice quiz. You have 8 weeks to complete the course.