So, what is ethics and how can your credit organisation go about using ethical standards to both cultivate a flourishing workplace culture and maintain sound professional conduct? Whether it’s a general discussion about consumers’ decreasing trust in institutions, or a specific focus on the interrelationship between corporate culture and professional conduct, commentary about ethics is everywhere.
- Describe what ethical standards and principles are
- Differentiate between ethical standards and the legal framework
- Outline the characteristics of ethics
- Discuss drivers of ethical behaviour
- Explain why ethics and an ethical approach are crucial in financial services
- Outline an ethical decision-making process
- Distinguish between Codes of Conduct and Codes of Ethics
- Summarise common breaches of ethical standards in financial services, including the attitudes, behaviours and activities that give rise to them
- Analyse case studies to identify ethical issues.
Since you’re here, you’re welcome to check out our Australian Credit Licence courses.