Whether it’s a general discussion about consumers’ increasing trust of business and social networks over institutions, or a specific focus on the interrelationship between corporate culture and professional conduct, commentary about ethics is everywhere.
What is ethics and how does an organisation go about using ethical standards to cultivate a flourishing workplace culture and maintain sound professional conduct?
In this course you will learn:
- Describe what ethical standards and principles are
- Differentiate between ethical standards and the legal framework
- Outline the characteristics of ethics
- Discuss drivers of ethical behaviour
- Explain why ethics and an ethical approach are crucial in financial services
- Outline an ethical decision-making process
- Distinguish between Codes of Conduct and Codes of Ethics
- Summarise common breaches of ethical standards in financial services, including the attitudes, behaviours and activities that give rise to them
- Analyse case studies to identify ethical issues.
Our learning management system provides you and your organisation all the usual features you’ve come to expect – an intuitive interface, reliable access to content, and insightful reporting.
Each CPD course has specific learning outcomes, reflections and extra resources and activities, and is assessed via a short online multiple choice quiz. You have 8 weeks to complete the course.