For many marketers, the adage of “not letting the truth get in the way of a good story” may have been all the justification they needed for pushing the boundaries with extravagant claims for all sorts of products. While ASIC’s RG 234 has been around for 7 years now, in the current climate it’s more important than ever to ensure that your organisation’s marketing does not make false or misleading statements.
- Identify the factors that contributed to ASIC consulting on and issuing RG 234
- Differentiate marketing and advertising from other forms of disclosure
- Outline what marketing and advertising activities RG 234 covers
- Explain the key provisions/requirements in RG 234
- Discuss how ASIC supervises compliance with RG 234 and what enforcement powers it has
- Describe how compliant marketing and advertising fits into a licensee’s obligations
- Evaluate strategies and approaches a responsible manager can adopt to promote compliance with RG 234 within their organisation.
Since you’re here, you’re welcome to check out our Australian Credit Licence courses.