Privacy and Data Protection
As recent events have shown, unauthorised entities accessing sensitive data can affect any business and erode customer trust and confidence. With technology transformation gathering speed, there’s never been a more important time for your organisation to review its privacy and data protection framework.
Incorporating some high profile cases, here’s an outline of the key issues you need to consider to ensure your organisation’s privacy and data protection activity is compliant and modelling best practice.
Upon course completion you should be able to:
- Outline the background to Australia’s privacy and data protection regime
- Identify if and when privacy and data protection laws apply to your organisation
- Define “personal information” and explain how information “about” an individual is differentiated from information “not about” an individual
- Discuss the privacy and data protection laws in place in Australia and how they are enforced
- Describe why data breaches occur and how they must be reported; and recommend ways they can be risk managed
- Determine how your organisation should go about developing and maintaining a sound privacy and data protection framework; and assess the risks of not having such a framework.
Our learning management system provides you and your organisation all the usual features you’ve come to expect – an intuitive interface, reliable access to content, and insightful reporting.
Each CPD course has specific learning outcomes, reflections and extra resources and activities, and is assessed via a short online multiple choice quiz. You have 8 weeks to complete the course.