As recent events have shown, unauthorised entities accessing sensitive data can affect any business and erode customer trust and confidence. With technology transformation gathering speed, there’s never been a more important time for your organisation to review its privacy and data protection framework.
Did you know there are current requirements and new regulations coming into effect?
Incorporating some high profile cases, here’s an outline of the key issues you need to consider to ensure your organisation’s privacy and data protection activity is compliant and modelling best practice.
Upon course completion you should be able to:
- Explain the role of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
- Outline the various federal and state laws covering privacy and data protection
- Identify relevant laws in international jurisdictions that may apply to your business
- Discuss legal risks and potential exposures resulting from breaches of obligations
- Devise a privacy and data protection management and breach response plan.
This activity has been accredited for continuing professional development by the Financial Planning Association of Australia but does not constitute FPA’s endorsement of the activity. Accreditation number 009353 for 3 hours.
Professional Dimensions (FPA CPD)
Professional Conduct (3 hours)
Knowledge Areas (Licensee CPD)
Regulation (3 hours)
This topic can be completed individually or as part of our RG 146 annual adviser subscription, cpdevolve.