It is a condition of the licence under which ACL holders operate that their consumer lending must be ‘responsible’. In light of the Royal commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry discovering numerous examples of poor lending practices, you might find our refresher on responsible lending obligations rather timely.
In this course you will learn to:
- Define responsible lending
- Explain to whom responsible lending provisions apply
- Discuss the primary responsible lending obligations
- Outline the key steps in applying responsible lending provisions
- Analyse issues arising from the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry
- Interpret case studies to identify potential conduct risks for credit providers.
4 CPD hours/points
You may be interested in our recent blogs
Brokers have had a tough 2019. There are pressures coming from seemingly all angles and its hard to know where to focus. But with trust in financial services falling, brokers need to give consumers a reason to re-engage. It’s time to view CPD not as an obligation, but as a mark of quality. It’s time to put the ‘professional’ back into credit CPD.
Compliance is not a role for the quiet ones. Quite often it’s considered an unfortunate but necessary intrusion into day-to-day activity. In a climate of regulatory change, what does the role of compliance look like now?