It is a condition of the licence under which ACL holders operate that their consumer lending must be ‘responsible’. In light of the Royal commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry discovering numerous examples of poor lending practices, you might find our refresher on responsible lending obligations rather timely.
In this course you will learn to:
- Define responsible lending
- Explain to whom responsible lending provisions apply
- Discuss the primary responsible lending obligations
- Outline the key steps in applying responsible lending provisions
- Analyse issues arising from the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry
- Interpret case studies to identify potential conduct risks for credit providers.
4 CPD hours/points
You might also like our Credit and Mortgage CPD
Our Responsible Manager and Representatives CPD courses are released each July with essential regulatory updates, emerging technology & trends, providing the complete solution to manage ASIC’s RG206 CPD obligations.