It is a condition of the licence under which ACL holders operate that their consumer lending must be ‘responsible’. In light of the Royal commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry discovering numerous examples of poor lending practices, you might find our refresher on responsible lending obligations rather timely.
- Define responsible lending
- Explain to whom responsible lending provisions apply
- Discuss the primary responsible lending obligations
- Outline the key steps in applying responsible lending provisions
- Analyse issues arising from the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry
- Interpret case studies to identify potential conduct risks for credit providers.
Since you’re here, you’re welcome to check out our Australian Credit Licence courses.