Financial Education Professionals is a leading provider of technical training in financial services. We deliver innovative, contemporary training solutions developed by prominent industry experts and education specialists.
This short course describes the knowledge and skills required to analyse client needs and to deal ethically and professionally in foreign exchange instruments. It addresses the training requirements of current Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and Australian financial services (AFS) licensing at Tier 1 level.
Existing RG146 compliant financial market dealers and brokers, and authorised representatives, can also complete this course to extend their advisory range into Tier 1 Foreign Exchange.
To be RG146 compliant to provide General Advice in Tier 1 Foreign Exchange, you must also successfully complete Generic Knowledge.
- Discuss how global foreign exchange markets operate and the roles played by its various participants
- Describe the features and characteristics of commonly used foreign exchange instruments and how they are traded
- Evaluate techniques for speculating and hedging using foreign exchange instruments
- Devise effective trading plans using foreign exchange instruments, including consideration of regulatory and operational requirements.
- Overview of the foreign exchange market
- Foreign exchange conventions
- Risk management, regulation and operational guidelines
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have completed Generic Knowledge in the past, we can recognise this prior learning on your certificate. Please send a copy of your transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org to check your eligibility.
On successful completion of Generic Knowledge and Foreign Exchange, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment confirming that they are RG 146 compliant to provide general advice in Foreign Exchange.
We estimate you will need approximately 20 hours study time to complete each subject. Each earning 20 hours/points.
Each course is offered by self study via our learning portal, FEP Online. It provides you with online learning resources, support and assessment.
You have 8 weeks from your enrolment date in which to complete each course.
For each course, there is one (1) open-book knowledge examination comprising of forty (40) multiple choice questions. You are given two (2) attempts with a required 80% pass mark. A practice assessment is available to you.
Note that representatives and advisers providing personal advice to retail clients in securities must now meet FASEA education and continuing professional development standards.
Enrol in 2 or more RG146 initial compliance courses and receive a 10% discount. Use the code RG146bundle at checkout.
Download our RG146 Foreign Exchange course brochure