Financial Education Professionals is an Australian owned Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 90725) providing specialist technical training and licensing compliance solutions for financial workplaces.
General Advice in Tier 2 General Insurance is designed for organisations and employees who sell general, personal and business insurance products as defined in RG 146. Existing authorised representatives can also complete this course to extend their advisory range into Tier 2 general insurance products.
As well as general industry knowledge, our course offers tips for engaging with clients – whether they are enquiring over the phone or in person.
Tier 2 General Insurance does not include Personal Accident and Sickness. This is included in Tier 1 General Insurance.
- Identify the key participants, Tier 2 products, and activities that comprise insurance markets
- Describe the types of risks that insurance is designed to protect against
- Discuss the conduct and disclosure requirements prescribed in legislation and regulation that apply to the insurance industry
- Evaluate best practice principles for providing general advice to clients
- Overview of insurance markets
- Specialist general insurance knowledge
- Legal environment – disclosure and compliance
- Providing insurance product information
We estimate you will need approximately 8 hours study time to complete this subject, earning 8 hours/points.
Our courses are offered by self study via our learning portal, FEP Online. It provides you with online learning resources, support and assessment.
You have 8 weeks from your enrolment date in which to complete each course.
There is (1) online open-book knowledge examination, comprising of thirty (30) multiple choice questions. You are given two (2) attempts with a required 80% pass mark.