Our RG146 Insurance broking program covers the core and specialist knowledge and skills an insurance broker needs.
Insurance brokers play an important role in insurance markets, comparing general insurance products from multiple providers to develop risk management solutions for clients, particularly businesses and customers with complex needs.
Our program meets the training and education requirements for ASIC Regulatory Guide 146 (RG146) for providing general and personal advice to broking clients. We are a Registered Training Organisation and an ASIC Authorised Assessor, so you can be assured that FEP’s courses comply with ASIC’s requirements (RG 146.87).
Who is our program for?
- Our RG146 Insurance broking program is for new or existing brokers wanting to provide personal or general advice in general insurance products.
- It is also suitable for brokers seeking to update their initial general insurance compliance and extend their authorisations to insurance broking.
- Interpret and comply with industry regulations and codes of practice
- Analyse client needs, financial situation and risk profile, and prepare appropriate general insurance strategies or solutions
- Provide accurate and ethical advice on insurance broking products and services
- Implement general insurance plans, policies or transactions once agreed by the client and complete documentation accurately.
- Generic Knowledge
- Tier 1 Insurance Broking
Units of competency
FNSINC411 Conduct work according to professional practices in the financial services industry
FNSRSK411 Apply risk management strategies to own work
FNSFMK515 Comply with financial services regulation and industry codes of practice
FNSASICY513 Provide advice in insurance broking
FNSIBK416 Deliver insurance broking services
FNSIBK518 Implement changes to insurance programs of broking clients
FNSIBK523 Prepare submissions for new insurance broking business
Our RG146 Insurance Broking program provides a pathway to the FNS51220 Diploma of Insurance Broking.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
You may be eligible for RPL. Please contact email@example.com to check your eligibility.
On successful completion of our Insurance Broking program participants will be awarded a Statement of Attainment that:
- confirms they are RG 146 compliant to provide personal advice in Insurance Broking
- lists the units of competency they have been awarded.
We estimate you will need approximately 40 hours study time to complete the program.
The program is offered by self study via our learning portal, FEP Online. It provides you with online learning resources, support and assessment.
You have 16 weeks from your enrolment date in which to complete the program.
For each subject, there is one (1) open-book knowledge examination comprising of forty (40) multiple choice questions. You are given two (2) attempts with a required 80% pass mark. A practice assessment is available to you.
You are also required to complete an online written assessment. Written assessment may contain short answer questions, case studies or both.
Download our RG146 Insurance Broking brochure