Financial Education Professionals is an Australian owned Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 90725) providing specialist technical training and licensing compliance solutions for financial workplaces.
Designed to give you key fundamental knowledge of the life insurance market in Australia, RG146 Life Insurance includes how life insurance works, the different products commonly used, defines what the different types of policies are and explains the process, from application through to claims. It addresses the training requirements of current Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and Australian financial services (AFS) licensing at Tier 1 level.
To be RG146 compliant to provide General Advice in Tier 1 Life Insurance, you must also successfully complete Generic Knowledge.
- Identify the key participants, products, and activities that comprise insurance markets
- Describe the types of risks that life insurance is designed to protect against
- Discuss the conduct and disclosure requirements prescribed in legislation and regulation that apply to the selling of life insurance products
- Insurance markets
- Life insurance products
- Life insurance underwriting, premiums and claims
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have completed Generic Knowledge in the past, we can recognise this prior learning on your certificate. Please send a copy of your transcript to email@example.com to check your eligibility.
On successful completion of Generic Knowledge and Life Insurance, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment confirming that they are RG 146 compliant to provide general advice in Life Insurance.
We estimate you will need approximately 20 hours study time to complete each subject. Each earning 20 hours/points.
Each course is offered by self study via our learning portal, FEP Online. It provides you with online learning resources, support and assessment.
You have 8 weeks from your enrolment date in which to complete each course.
For each course, there is one (1) open-book knowledge examination comprising of forty (40) multiple choice questions. You are given two (2) attempts with a required 80% pass mark. A practice assessment is available to you.
Are you looking to enrol just yourself or your team?
- Enrol in 2 or more RG146 initial compliance courses and receive a 5% discount, use the code RG146bundle at checkout or
- We can invoice your organisation for three (3) + enrolments, please get in touch and we will be happy to assist.
Download our RG146 Life Insurance course brochure
Note that insurer representatives and advisers providing personal advice to retail clients in life insurance must now meet FASEA education and continuing professional development standards.