Financial Education Professionals is an Australian owned Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 90725) providing specialist technical training and licensing compliance solutions for financial workplaces.
RG146 SMSF covers the knowledge and skills necessary to offer general product information related to self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs) ethically and professionally. It also addresses additional training required by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) to provide general advice in the RG 146 Tier 1 financial product area of SMSF.
It is designed for:
- representatives of funds, trusts, platforms and other providers that offer solutions for SMSFs
- advisers who have previously studied RG146 learning on superannuation that did not sufficiently cover SMSFs, and who therefore need to undertake specific product training in relation to SMSFs before advising on these products.
Our course is updated at least annually to ensure its content remains current and incorporates any legislative and regulatory changes.
- Define what a self-managed superannuation fund is and outline the characteristics of Australia’s SMSF market
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages that members take into consideration when deciding whether or not to set up an SMSF
- Explain regulatory requirements associated with setting up an SMSF
- Discuss rules regarding why and how SMSF funds can be invested
- Demonstrate record-keeping, reporting and other administrative matters that must be complied with in running, receiving income from and winding down an SMSF.
- Introducing self-managed superannuation funds
- Self-managed superannuation fund compliance
- Investing self-managed superannuation funds
- Administering self-managed superannuation funds
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have completed Generic Knowledge in the past, we can recognise this prior learning on your certificate. Please send a copy of your transcript to email@example.com to check your eligibility.
On successful completion of Generic Knowledge, Superannuation and SMSF, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment confirming that they are RG 146 compliant to provide general advice in Superannuation and Self-managed Superannuation Funds.
We estimate you will need approximately 20 hours study time to complete each subject. Each earning 20 hours/points.
Each course is offered by self study via our learning portal, FEP Online. It provides you with online learning resources, support and assessment.
You have 8 weeks from your enrolment date in which to complete each course.
For each course, there is one (1) open-book knowledge examination comprising of forty (40) multiple choice questions. You are given two (2) attempts with a required 80% pass mark. A practice assessment is available to you.
Download our SMSF brochure