Financial Education Professionals is an Australian owned Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 90725) providing specialist technical training and licensing compliance solutions for financial workplaces.
RG146 Superannuation covers the knowledge and skills necessary to offer general product information related to superannuation ethically and professionally. It also addresses training required by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) to provide general advice in the RG 146 Tier 1 financial product area of Superannuation.
It is designed for both representatives of the superannuation industry and existing RG146 compliant advisers seeking to extend their advisory range into Superannuation including:
- Super funds
- Super fund administrators
- Master funds and investment managers
- Custodial services
- Other support services, e.g. client support representatives (call centres)
- Private Wealth advisers
To be RG146 compliant to provide General Advice in Tier 1 Superannuation, you must also successfully complete Generic Knowledge.
Our course is updated at least annually to ensure its content remains current and incorporates any legislative and regulatory changes.
- Discuss the history of the Australian superannuation system
- Describe how Australia’s superannuation industry operates and the roles played by its various participants
- Demonstrate how funds can be contributed to, invested, and withdrawn from superannuation in line with applicable laws and regulatory guidance
- Explain how superannuation is governed, including the oversight exercised by superannuation trustees, ASIC and APRA
- Examine the implications of taxation, social security and insurance rules on the administration of superannuation funds.
- Overview of Australia’s superannuation system
- Contributing to, investing, and withdrawing superannuation
- Governing and administering APRA-regulated superannuation funds
- Taxation, social security and insurance
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have completed Generic Knowledge in the past, we can recognise this prior learning on your certificate. Please send a copy of your transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org to check your eligibility.
On successful completion of Generic Knowledge and Superannuation, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment confirming that they are RG 146 compliant to provide general advice in Superannuation.
We estimate you will need approximately 20 hours study time to complete each subject. Each earning 20 hours/points.
Each course is offered by self study via our learning portal, FEP Online. It provides you with online learning resources, support and assessment.
You have 8 weeks from your enrolment date in which to complete each course.
For each course, there is one (1) open-book knowledge examination comprising of forty (40) multiple choice questions. You are given two (2) attempts with a required 80% pass mark. A practice assessment is available to you.
Download our RG146 Superannuation course brochure
Note that representatives and advisers providing personal advice to retail clients in Superannuation must now meet FASEA education and continuing professional development standards.