Financial Education Professionals is a leading provider of technical training in financial services. We deliver innovative, contemporary training solutions developed by prominent industry experts and education specialists.
This course is designed for organisations and employees who sell general, personal and business insurance products as defined in RG146. Importantly, this course incorporates coverage of personal accident and sickness insurance.
Existing RG146 compliant financial market dealers and brokers, and authorised representatives, can also complete this course to extend their advisory range into Tier 1 General Insurance.
To be RG146 compliant to provide General Advice in Tier 1 General Insurance, you must also successfully complete Generic Knowledge.
If you need compliance to provide personal advice, you must also complete RG146 Skills (Personal Advice).
- Identify the key participants, products, and activities that comprise insurance markets
- Describe the types of risks that general insurance is designed to protect against
- Explain the features and characteristics of personal accident and sickness policies that led ASIC to consider them a more complex insurance product
- Discuss the conduct and disclosure requirements prescribed in legislation and regulation that apply to the insurance industry
- Evaluate best practice principles for providing general advice to clients
Tier 1 General Insurance
- Overview of insurance markets
- Specialist general insurance knowledge
- Personal Accident and Sickness Insurance
- Providing insurance product information
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have completed Generic Knowledge in the past, we can recognise this prior learning on your certificate. Please send a copy of your transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org to check your eligibility.
On successful completion of Generic Knowledge and General Insurance participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment confirming that they are RG 146 compliant to provide general advice in General Insurance.
We estimate you will need approximately 20 hours study time to complete each subject. Each earning 20 hours/points.
Each course is offered by self study via our learning portal, FEP Online. It provides you with online learning resources, support and assessment.
You have 8 weeks from your enrolment date in which to complete each course.
For each course, there is one (1) open-book knowledge examination comprising of forty (40) multiple choice questions. You are given two (2) attempts with a required 80% pass mark. A practice assessment is available to you.
Enrol in 2 or more RG146 initial compliance courses and receive a 10% discount. Use the code RG146bundle at checkout.