Financial Education Professionals is a leading provider of technical training in financial services. We deliver innovative, contemporary training solutions developed by prominent industry experts and education specialists.
Our Personal Advice in Tier 2 General Insurance course is designed for organisations and employees who provide personal advice to retail clients in Tier 2 insurance products as defined in RG146.
Existing authorised representatives can also complete this course to extend their advisory range into Tier 2 general insurance products. As well as general industry knowledge, our course offers tips for engaging with clients – whether they are enquiring over the phone or in person.
- Identify the key participants, Tier 2 products, and activities that comprise insurance markets
- Describe the types of risks that insurance is designed to protect against
- Discuss the conduct and disclosure requirements prescribed in legislation and regulation that apply to the insurance industry
- Evaluate best practice principles for providing personal advice to clients
- Overview of insurance markets
- Specialist general insurance knowledge
- Legal environment – disclosure and compliance
- Providing insurance product information
- Additional component – Skills assessment
FNSASIC304 Provide Tier 2 general advice in general insurance
FNSASIC305 Provide Tier 2 personal advice in general insurance
FNSINC402 Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services used by an organisation or sector
- One (1) online open-book knowledge examination comprising of thirty (30) multiple choice questions
- Interview over the phone with an ASIC authorised assessor
Upon successful completion you will be RG146 compliant to provide personal advice in Tier 2 General Insurance.
We estimate you will need approximately 8 hours study time to complete this subject, earning 8 hours/points.
Each course is offered by self study via our learning portal, FEP Online. It provides you with online learning resources, support and assessment.
You have 16 weeks from your enrolment date in which to complete each course.
There is one (1) open-book knowledge examination comprising of thirty (30) multiple choice questions. You are given two (2) attempts with a required 80% pass mark.
There is one (1) verbal assessment conducted by interview in person or over the phone with an ASIC authorised assessor.