Clearly change is required; and boards are likely to look to key roles of accountability such as responsible managers – with their knowledge of business operations and oversight of compliance performance – to help bring about that change.
This topic covers key requirements for the role and also acts as a reminder of what you need to do on an ongoing basis. We also delve into the post Royal Commission regulatory environment and the “BEAR” on the horizon.
In this course you will learn to:
- Define the role of a responsible manager
- Describe the attributes of a responsible manager
- Outline the implications of a Key Person condition
- Identify the education and competency requirements to be appointed as a responsible manager
- Explain the characteristics which determine whether a responsible manager is of good fame and character
- Describe the relationship between responsible managers and directors
- Discuss the ongoing obligations of a responsible manager
- Evaluate the extent to which a responsible manager can be held accountable for the actions of a licensee
- Explore and recommend approaches and techniques responsible managers can adopt to more effectively fulfil their role.
Our learning management system provides you and your organisation all the usual features you’ve come to expect – an intuitive interface, reliable access to content, and insightful reporting.
Each CPD course has specific learning outcomes, reflections and extra resources and activities, and is assessed via a short online multiple choice quiz. You have 8 weeks to complete the course.