Since its inception, by its very nature governing and administering superannuation is a complex business – a circumstance that has not diminished throughout its continuing evolution.
Following our overview of the legal framework that applies to super funds, delve into the intricacies of implementing some of the major reforms that have been instituted in recent times, including those related to trustee conduct, investment performance disclosure and other member communication, holding insurance inside super, member account administration, plus how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting financial advice.
In this course you will learn to:
- Discuss the legal and regulatory requirements for governance oversight of a super fund
- Identify the roles of APRA versus ASIC in regulating superannuation funds
- Explain the various aspects of ensuring that a super fund is administered compliantly
- Outline how APRA and ASIC license super funds to operate
- Evaluate the characteristics and purpose of superannuation reforms that have been progressively introduced over the past decade.
Our learning management system provides you and your organisation all the usual features you’ve come to expect – an intuitive interface, reliable access to content, and insightful reporting.
Each CPD course has specific learning outcomes, reflections and extra resources and activities, and is assessed via a short online multiple choice quiz. You have 8 weeks to complete the course.