Legislation requires licensees to properly record and report on any breach or likely breach of the Corporations Act, other financial services laws or its AFS Licence conditions. Significant enough breaches must be reported to ASIC or APRA.
Breach management can also be a valuable tool for ensuring that your organisation’s current policies and procedures are effective and help it to remain compliant with its legislative and regulatory obligations.
With the implementation of breach reporting reforms looming, get refresher training on current requirements and be prepared for the changes ahead.
You’ll learn about:
- What constitutes a breach, or likely breach, of a licensee’s legislative requirements
- Characteristics that determine whether a breach, or likely breach, is significant
- The process of recording a breach, or likely breach, in organisation records or to ASIC
- How ASIC evaluates reported breaches and how it determines which items to investigate further
- ASIC’s expectations regarding breach management-related conduct
- Reforms to breach reporting requirements taking effect October 2021.
Our learning management system provides you and your organisation all the usual features you’ve come to expect – an intuitive interface, reliable access to content, and insightful reporting.
Each CPD course has specific learning outcomes, reflections and extra resources and activities, and is assessed via a short online multiple choice quiz. You have 8 weeks to complete the course.
Well crafted and relevant CPD opens new possibilities, new knowledge and new skills.
Download our CPD short course brochure