Tier 1 RG 146 Derivatives
Our online course describes the knowledge and skills required to analyse client needs and to deal ethically and professionally in derivatives products. It addresses the training requirements of current Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and Australian financial services (AFS) licensing at Tier 1 level.
To be RG146 compliant to provide general advice in Tier 1 Derivatives, you must also successfully complete Generic Knowledge.
RG146 Derivatives can be studied as a short industry course under Responsible Manager Nomination Option 3, if this learning is specifically relevant to the sector or products the responsible manager’s role relates to (RG 105.69).
About our course
Understand derivative products and markets characteristics, including futures, options, forwards and swaps, how they are used and how they are traded.
Operation of derivatives markets
- market participants
- roles played by intermediaries
- structure and inter-relationships within and between the securities/derivatives sectors
Types of products
- range of derivatives
- associated risks
- investment options using derivatives products
Theories of investment, portfolio management and management of investment and risk
- investment concepts
- investment strategies
- identification of types of risk
- client risk profile
- awareness of taxation issues relating to derivatives
- Describe the features and characteristics of commonly used derivatives products and how they are traded
- Evaluate techniques for speculating and hedging using derivatives products
- Devise effective trading plans using derivatives products.
Who is this course for?
- Participants who require RG146 compliance to provide general advice on regulated Derivatives products (when completed with Generic Knowledge)
- Representatives who advise wholesale clients or organisations seeking product-specific team training
- Refresher training and/or CPD for existing RG146 compliant dealers and brokers
- Participants seeking to extend their advisory range to include Derivatives
- Participants needing to complete a relevant short industry course under Responsible Manager Nomination Option 3
Recognition of Prior Learning
On successful completion of RG 146 Derivatives participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
On successful completion of Generic Knowledge and RG 146 Derivatives participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment confirming that they are RG 146 compliant to provide general advice in Derivatives.
Enrol now and receive a 10% discount when you purchase 2 or more Tier 1 RG146 initial compliance courses. Use the code RG146bundle at checkout.