Tier 1 RG 146 Superannuation
Our online course describes the knowledge and skills required to analyse client needs and to deal ethically and professionally in superannuation products. It addresses the training requirements of current Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and Australian financial services (AFS) licensing at Tier 1 level.
To be RG146 compliant to provide general advice in Tier 1 Superannuation, you must also successfully complete Generic Knowledge.
RG146 Superannuation can be studied as a short industry course under Responsible Manager Nomination Option 3, if this learning is specifically relevant to the sector or products the responsible manager’s role relates to (RG 105.69).
About our course
Our Tier 1 Superannuation covers Australia’s superannuation system, regulation & policy, member contributions, insurance, and transition to retirement products.
Our course includes the coverage of Superannuation reporting obligations to APRA, providing an overview of quarterly reporting, annual reporting, matters covered by reporting standards, and links to the reporting standards themselves.
Who is our RG146 Superannuation course for?
It is designed for both representatives of the superannuation industry and/or existing RG146 compliant advisers seeking to extend their advisory range into Superannuation including:
- Super funds
- Super fund administrators
- Master funds and investment managers
- Custodial services
- Other support services, e.g. client support representatives (call centres)
- Private Wealth advisers
- Overview of Australia’s superannuation system
- Contributing to, investing, and withdrawing superannuation
- Governing and administering APRA-regulated superannuation funds
- Taxation, social security and insurance
- Discuss the history of the Australian superannuation system
- Describe how Australia’s superannuation industry operates and the roles played by its various participants
- Demonstrate how funds can be contributed to, invested, and withdrawn from superannuation in line with applicable laws and regulatory guidance
- Explain how superannuation is governed, including the oversight exercised by superannuation trustees, ASIC and APRA
- Examine the implications of taxation, social security and insurance rules on the administration of superannuation funds.
Recognition of Prior Learning
On successful completion of RG 146 Superannuation participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
On successful completion of Generic Knowledge and Superannuation, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment confirming that they are RG 146 compliant to provide general advice in Superannuation.