Our Tier 1 RG 146 Superannuation Course is designed for individuals who require RG146 compliance to provide general advice on regulated Superannuation products.
Understand Australia’s superannuation system, regulation & policy, member contributions, insurance, and transition to retirement products.
To be RG146 compliant to provide general advice in Tier 1 Superannuation, you must also successfully complete Generic Knowledge.
- Overview of Australia’s superannuation system
- Contributing to, investing, and withdrawing superannuation
- Governing and administering APRA-regulated superannuation funds
- Taxation, social security and insurance
- Discuss the history of the Australian superannuation system
- Describe how Australia’s superannuation industry operates and the roles played by its various participants
- Demonstrate how funds can be contributed to, invested, and withdrawn from superannuation in line with applicable laws and regulatory guidance
- Explain how superannuation is governed, including the oversight exercised by superannuation trustees, ASIC and APRA
- Examine the implications of taxation, social security and insurance rules on the administration of superannuation funds.
Who is this course for?
- It is designed for both representatives of the superannuation industry and existing RG146 compliant advisers seeking to extend their advisory range into Superannuation including:
- Super funds
- Super fund administrators
- Master funds and investment managers
- Custodial services
- Other support services, e.g. client support representatives (call centres)
- Private Wealth advisers
Recognition of Prior Learning
Participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
On successful completion of Generic Knowledge and Superannuation, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment confirming that they are RG 146 compliant to provide general advice in Superannuation.