Financial services in Australia comprises a variety of participants, products and markets; and no shortage of applicable laws, regulations and ongoing obligations.
Our Understanding Custody Course has been designed to address the education and training needs of those working in or operating a custodial service.
Traditionally, custody was the holding and safeguarding of financial assets for third parties.
As financial markets have become more sophisticated and digitised, custody has developed to become no longer characterised by physical safekeeping (of financial assets) but by a range of information and banking services.
- Define what custody is in the financial services industry
- Identify custodians and the customers they service
- Explain the activities custodians typically carry out
- Describe the various types of investment fund structures
- Evaluate the role of custodians in investment transactions
- Discuss risk factors and regulatory requirements that apply to custodial services.
Who is this course for?
- New entrants or those working in or supporting custodial services
- Participants working in funds management who wants to understand the role that custody plays in Australia.
Recognition of Prior Learning
On successful completion, you will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment confirming that you have successfully completed the course, Understanding Custody.