Our Tier 1 RG 146 General Insurance Course is designed for individuals who require RG146 compliance to provide general advice on regulated general, personal and business Insurance products.
Importantly, this course incorporates coverage of personal sickness and accident insurance. As well as specialist industry knowledge, our course offers tips for engaging with clients – whether they are enquiring over the phone or in person.
To be RG146 compliant to provide general advice in Tier 1 General Insurance, you must also successfully complete Generic Knowledge.
- Topic 1: Insurance markets
- Topic 2: Specialist general insurance knowledge & personal sickness and accident insurance
- Topic 3: Providing insurance product information
What you will learn
- Key participants, products, and activities that comprise insurance markets
- Risks that general insurance is designed to protect against
- Features and characteristics of commonly offered property and liability insurances
- What personal sickness and accident insurance is and the implications of ASIC considering it a more complex insurance product
- Conduct and disclosure requirements prescribed in legislation, and other regulation that applies to the insurance sector
- Best practice principles for providing general advice to clients
Recognition of Prior Learning
Participants will be awarded with a Certificate of Completion.
On successful completion of Generic Knowledge and Tier 1 General Insurance, you will be awarded a Certificate of Attainment confirming that you are RG 146 compliant to provide general advice in Tier 1 General Insurance.
This accredits you to give:
- General advice to retail clients
- General or personal advice to wholesale clients.