RG 146 Insurance Broking
Insurance brokers play an important role in insurance markets, comparing general insurance products from multiple providers to develop risk management solutions for clients, particularly businesses and customers with complex needs.
Our RG146 Insurance broking program:
- covers the core and specialist knowledge and skills an insurance broker needs
- meets ASIC Regulatory Guide 146 (RG146) education requirements for providing general and personal advice with broking clients.
We are a Registered Training Organisation and an ASIC Authorised Assessor, so you can be assured that FEP’s courses comply with ASIC’s requirements (RG 146.87).
- Generic Knowledge
- Topic 1: Financial services regulation and licensing
- Topic 2: Operation of financial markets and the economy
- Topic 3: Financial market products
- Topic 4: Application of cross-industry laws in financial services
- Insurance Broking
- Topic 1: Introduction to insurance markets
- Topic 2: Specialist general insurance knowledge
- Topic 3: Overview of the insurance broking process
- Topic 4: Insurance broking skills
- Interpret and comply with industry regulations and codes of practice
- Analyse client needs, financial situation and risk profile, and prepare appropriate general insurance strategies or solutions
- Provide accurate and ethical advice on insurance broking products and services
- Implement general insurance plans, policies or transactions once agreed by the client and complete documentation accurately.
Who is this course for?
- New entrants starting a career in Insurance Broking
- New or existing brokers wanting to provide personal or general advice in general insurance products
- Brokers seeking to update their initial general insurance compliance and extend their authorisations to insurance broking
Units of Competency
- FNSASICY513 Provide advice in insurance broking
- FNSIBK416 Deliver insurance broking services
- FNSIBK518 Implement changes to insurance programs of broking clients
- FNSIBK523 Prepare submissions for new insurance broking business
Recognition of Prior Learning
On successful completion of our Insurance Broking program participants will be awarded a Statement of Attainment that:
- confirms they are RG 146 compliant to provide personal advice in Insurance Broking
- lists the units of competency they have been awarded.