Complaints Handling and dispute resolution RG 271 explores what ASIC’s guidance is and what they expect relevant financial firms to comply with.
Rather than updating ASIC Regulatory Guide (“RG”) 165 Licensing: Internal and external dispute resolution, it has instead issued RG 271 Internal dispute resolution, which came into effect on 5 October 2021.
ASIC has advised that it will withdraw RG 165 on 5 October 2022. The one year time frame is due to the fact that complaints that financial firms receive before 5 October 2021 will still be subject to the provisions of RG 165. The requirements of RG 271 apply to financial firms.
What you will learn
- The process by which a customer can make a complaint with a financial firm
- The decision making process that constitutes IDR and the circumstances by which matters are referred to AFCA
- Potential outcomes of referrals to AFCA
- How financial firms should handle each complaint, including the applicable documentation that is required to be issued to complainants
- The benefits of an effective IDR framework for both financial firms and consumers
Recognition of Prior Learning
You will be awarded a Certificate of Completion. It will be available online for you to download and print immediately.