Financial Education Professionals is a leading provider of technical training in financial services. We deliver innovative, contemporary training solutions developed by prominent industry experts and education specialists.
Our General Advice in Tier 1 General Insurance program is designed for organisations and employees who sell general, personal and business insurance products as defined in RG 146. Importantly, this course incorporates coverage of personal accident and sickness insurance. As well as specialist industry knowledge, our course offers tips for engaging with clients – whether they are enquiring over the phone or in person.
Existing authorised representatives can also complete this course to extend their advisory range into Tier 1 general insurance products.
Upon successful completion of General Advice in Tier 1 General Insurance you will be RG146 compliant to provide Tier 1 general advice in general insurance.
- Identify the key participants, products, and activities that comprise insurance markets
- Describe the types of risks that general insurance is designed to protect against
- Explain the features of characteristics of personal accident and sickness policies that led ASIC to consider them a more complex insurance product
- Discuss the conduct and disclosure requirements prescribed in legislation and regulation that apply to the insurance industry
- Evaluate best practice principles for providing general advice to clients
- Overview of financial services industry and regulation
- Operation of financial markets and the economy
- Financial markets and products
- Relevant legal principles and compliance
Tier 1 General Insurance
- Overview of insurance markets
- Specialist general insurance knowledge
- Personal Accident and Sickness Insurance
- Providing insurance product information
- FNSASICO503 Provide Tier 1 general advice in general insurance
- 2 x online open-book knowledge exam (MCQ’s)
We estimate you will need approximately 20 hours study time to complete each subject. Each earning 20 hours/points.
Each course is offered by self study via our learning portal, FEP Online. It provides you with online learning resources, support and assessment.
You have 8 weeks from your enrolment date in which to complete each course.
Two (2) open-book knowledge examinations comprising of forty (40) multiple choice questions. You are given two (2) attempts with a required 80% pass mark. A practice assessment is available to you.