Our RG146 Superannuation covers the knowledge and skills necessary to offer general product information related to superannuation ethically and professionally. It also addresses training required by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) to provide general advice in the RG 146 Tier 1 financial product area of Superannuation.
It is designed for both representatives of the superannuation industry and existing RG146 compliant advisers seeking to extend their advisory range into Superannuation including:
- Super funds
- Super fund administrators
- Master funds and investment managers
- Custodial services
- Other support services, e.g. client support representatives (call centres)
- Private Wealth advisers
- Discuss the history of the Australian superannuation system
- Describe how Australia’s superannuation industry operates and the roles played by its various participants
- Demonstrate how funds can be contributed to, invested, and withdrawn from superannuation in line with applicable laws and regulatory guidance
- Explain how superannuation is governed, including the oversight exercised by superannuation trustees, ASIC and APRA
- Examine the implications of taxation, social security and insurance rules on the administration of superannuation funds.
- Overview of Australia’s superannuation system
- Contributing to, investing, and withdrawing superannuation
- Governing and administering APRA-regulated superannuation funds
- Taxation, social security and insurance
Study time: We estimate you will need approximately 20 hours study time to complete each Tier 1 subject. Each earning 20 hours/points.
Duration: You have 8 weeks from your enrolment date in which to complete each course.
Assessment: For each Tier 1 course, there is one (1) open-book knowledge examination comprising of forty (40) multiple choice questions. You are given two (2) ttempts with a required 80% pass mark.